Line Learning with Confidence: Online
Mechanical repetition doesn’t work; we remember what matters to us; and what matters to the character in the scene is what matters to the player of that role.
The work is balanced between practical techniques of memorisation with Brigid and exploration of breathing and individual tensions or ‘blocks’ with Katya.
Using various texts (classical, contemporary and commercial), we look at how memory works, the problem of nervousness and discuss individual working habits to find what best suits each actor.
Part of our Text & Craft series of courses.
- No audition/some selection possible.
- Applicants have to be 16+. There is no upper age limit on this course.
- We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our training where possible. Many of our courses are highly practical. Most involve movement and some may include work on the floor. You may also be asked to read from various texts. If you have access requirements and/or require more information on access and facilities in our RADA buildings, please email email@example.com.
- Fluent, confident knowledge of the English language is essential.
- Students should have some experience of performance and be prepared to present material in front of other students.
Sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear about new short courses, stories from our participants and upcoming RADA events.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Those with some experience of performance.
- Actors or directors looking for new approaches to learning lines.
- Those looking to free their physical expression.
How to apply
Frequently asked questions
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes. A Certificate of Completion is available for this course, providing attendance has been fulfilled, and the student has adhered to Rules and Regulations of the Academy (see below).
Does the course count towards university credits?
There are no University Credits associated with this course.