Singing Academy for Actors: Online
This online five-day course offers an intensive study of singing from the actor’s perspective, as well as a taster of the transformational vocal training our students receive on the BA (Hons) in Acting.
RADA has achieved an international reputation for training actors who are widely acknowledged for their singing ability, among them Bertie Carvel, Cynthia Erivo, Imelda Staunton, Jessie Buckley, and O-T Fagbenle.
The course is led by RADA's Lead Singing Tutor, Jane Streeton, and Singing Teacher Philip Raymond, co-authors of Singing on Stage: An Actor’s Guide (one of Bloomsbury Methuen Drama’s RADA Guides series).
During the course, we will work intensively on techniques and strategies to improve your singing from both a musical, dramatic, and imaginative viewpoint. We will work with songs of your choice, as well as giving you help with audition repertoire and finding the right songs for you!
The course includes two 50-minute individual singing lessons, together with group sessions and masterclasses.
Please note: for the convenience of our international students, we have two versions of this course - either from 9.00 – 13.00 (UK Time) or 15.00 to 19.00 (UK Time). The course content is the same in both versions.
Part of our Exploring Voice series of courses.
Sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear about new short courses, stories from our participants and upcoming RADA events.
- No audition/some selection possible. Entrance is by application form.
- Applicants have to be 16+. There is no upper age limit on this course. Students between the ages of 16 and 17 will need additional permission from a parent or guardian. Please see relevant section on the application form.
- The course is active and participatory, and all are welcome, whether they are experienced singers or complete beginners, providing they are prepared to present material in front of other students.
- Before the start of the course, please prepare two simple songs, preferably with backing tracks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Anyone interested in building on their singing skills to a more advanced level
- Anyone considering applying for drama or musical theatre school
How to apply
Download an application form here.
Your completed application form will automatically be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes. A Certificate of Completion is available for this course, providing attendance has been fulfilled, and the student has adhered to Rules and Regulations of the Academy (see below).
Does the course count towards university credits?
There are no University Credits associated with this course.