Singing Academy for Actors: Online
During this exciting online course you will work intensively on techniques and strategies to improve your singing from both a musical and dramatic perspective.
RADA has achieved an international reputation for training actors who are widely acknowledged for their singing ability. This course gives you a taster of the transformational vocal training our students receive on the BA (Hons) in Acting.
Singing Academy for Actors: Online offers a totally bespoke and intensive look at singing from an actor’s perspective, and is led by RADA's Lead Singing Tutor, Jane Streeton, and Singing Teacher Philip Raymond, co-authors of Singing on Stage: An Actor’s Guide (one of Bloomsbury Methuen Drama’s RADA Guides series).
During the course, you will gain skills to develop your singing from both a technical and an imaginative point of view. We will work with songs of your choice.
The course will be structured as follows:
- Day one – whole group class along with small group sessions.
- Day two – 50-minute individual singing lesson, along with a short group session at the end of the day.
- Day three – all-day masterclasses.
- Day four – 50-minute individual singing lesson, along with a short group session at the end of the day.
- Day five – 50-minute individual singing lessons, masterclass and sharing of work.
- No audition/some selection possible. Entrance is by written application.
- Applicants have to be 16+. However, there is no upper age limit on this course. Students between the ages of 16 and 17 will need additional permission from a parent or guardian. Please see relevant section on the application form.
- The course is active and participatory, and appropriate for students with an intermediate to advanced standard of singing. Participants will be expected to provide their own backing tracks and sheet music.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- If, for any reason, the Course Director feels that you have not enough experience, your application will be unsuccessful.
Who is this course suitable for?
- For students with an intermediate to an advanced standard of singing.
- Actors who already have backing tracks and sheet music.
- Suitable for the above who wish to work intensively on techniques to improve their singing.
How to apply
Terms and conditions
Please note: All courses are non-refundable and non-transferable.
All classes begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
Even though we're working through screens, participants should wear loose and comfortable clothing and be prepared to remove their shoes.
In line with academy policy, please note that no recordings of online courses will – or may – be made.