Singing Academy for Actors: Online
During this exciting online course you will work intensively on techniques and strategies to improve your singing from both a musical and dramatic perspective.
RADA has achieved an international reputation for training actors who are widely acknowledged for their singing ability. This course gives you a taster of the transformational vocal training our students receive on the BA (Hons) in Acting.
Singing Academy for Actors: Online offers a totally bespoke and intensive look at singing from an actor’s perspective, and is led by RADA's Lead Singing Tutor, Jane Streeton, and Singing Teacher Philip Raymond, co-authors of Singing on Stage: An Actor’s Guide (one of Bloomsbury Methuen Drama’s RADA Guides series).
During the course, you will gain skills to develop your singing from both a technical and an imaginative point of view. We will work with songs of your choice.
The course will be structured as follows:
- Day one – whole group class along with small group sessions.
- Day two – 50-minute individual singing lesson, along with a short group session at the end of the day.
- Day three – all-day masterclasses.
- Day four – 50-minute individual singing lesson, along with a short group session at the end of the day.
- Day five – 50-minute individual singing lessons, masterclass and sharing of work.
Part of our Exploring Voice series of courses.
- No audition/some selection possible. Entrance is by written application.
- Applicants have to be 16+. There is no upper age limit on this course. Students between the ages of 16 and 17 will need additional permission from a parent or guardian. Please see relevant section on the application form.
- The course is active and participatory, and appropriate for students with an intermediate to advanced standard of singing. Participants will be expected to provide their own backing tracks and sheet music.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- If, for any reason, the Course Director feels that you have not enough experience, your application will be unsuccessful.
Who is this course suitable for?
- For students with an intermediate to an advanced standard of singing.
- Actors who already have backing tracks and sheet music.
- Suitable for the above who wish to work intensively on techniques to improve their singing.
How to apply
Frequently asked questions
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes. A Certificate of Completion is available for this course, providing attendance has been fulfilled, and the student has adhered to Rules and Regulations of the Academy (see below).
Does the course count towards university credits?
There are no University Credits associated with this course.
What is the cancellation policy?
Once you are accepted onto the course - you will receive full details of our cancellation policy.
Once payment has been made, it is strongly recommended that all students insure themselves to cover the loss of fees in the event of illness, or accident for which the Academy cannot accept any liability.
What are the Rules and Regulations of the Academy?
By participating in the course you undertake to conform to the General Rules and Regulations of the Academy.
Students must understand, conform, and adhere to the Academy’s Health and Safety Procedures and Policies.
The Academy’s Principal or Course Director shall, at their absolute discretion, have the right to terminate the course in respect of any student whose presence or conduct is in contravention of the same.
Fees are non-returnable once a student has started a course.
If, for reason of epidemic or national crisis, the Academy is compelled to close during the course, no fees can be returned or compensation be made for any period of tuition that may have been lost through the Academy’s inability to carry out its work.
Friends or other persons who are not officially enrolled are not permitted to sit in on classes, rehearsals, or presentations.
All students are expected to wear the correct and appropriate clothing for each class.
Students are expected to maintain a professional standard of dress and hygiene at all times.
Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited in the classroom areas without permission from the Academy’s staff.
RADA does not discriminate against applicants on the grounds of sex, disability, ethnicity, or sexuality. We welcome applications from disabled people, and offer places solely on the basis of potential and suitability for the course. The school is housed in a recently-refurbished building which provides good access for wheelchair users.
Decisions made by the Academy regarding the selection of instructors, the allocation of students to study groups, the material for that study group, and any roles allocated are final and not open to negotiation.
It is important to note that the Academy does not accept responsibility for students beyond the scheduled teaching hours on the RADA premises.