Elements of RADA: online
This series of drop-in online workshops focuses on key subjects taught at RADA: Voice, Movement, Contemporary Text, Classical Text and Improvisation.
Class sizes are kept small for the work to be detailed and are therefore suitable for participants of all levels. Beginners and people fairly new to performing will be able to try out different subject areas and get a taste of Short Courses at RADA. Professional actors will benefit from a drop-in session to keep their acting muscles warm, and our expert tutors will modify exercises and choose scenes tailored to each individual participant's training needs.
The workshops are self-contained sessions, allowing you to book for as many as you wish. Classes are held online, so you can join from anywhere in the world.
- No selection: There is no selection process for this course, if you feel this course is suitable for you and have read all the information on this webpage, then please proceed to booking.
- Participants must be over 18 and have fluent, confident use and knowledge of the English language.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Those with little to no experience of acting.
- Professional actors looking for a workout.
- Anyone interested in learning more about actor training.
The dates and content of the online workshops are:
- Monday 11 March – Classical Text
- Monday 18 March – Voice
- Monday 25 March – Movement
- Tuesday 23 April – Improvisation
- Tuesday 30 April – Contemporary Text
- Tuesday 7 May – Classical Text
- Tuesday 14 May – Voice
- Tuesday 21 May – Movement
- Tuesday 28 May – Improvisation
- Tuesday 4 June – Contemporary Text
- Tuesday 11 June – Classical Text
- Tuesday 18 June – Voice
- Tuesday 25 June – Movement
- Tuesday 2 July – Improvisation
- Tuesday 9 July – Contemporary Text
- Tuesday 16 July – Classical Text
- Tuesday 23 July – Voice
What are the Terms and Conditions of my booking?
What’s included in the fee?
The fee covers the cost of your tuition for the times advertised above and any materials essential to the course (and not specified here as materials you need to provide yourself).
RADA cannot provide written references for Short Course participants.
What materials or equipment do I need?
You need to wear loose clothing that you can move in freely.
Our Zoom guidelines advise on technical requirements for participating in online sessions, as well as advice on working in a suitable space. Due to the way Zoom profiles speakers on the screen, it would be our preference that participants do not join classes on a phone.
I have a disability or access requirement – can reasonable adjustments be made?
We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our training where possible. Many of our courses are highly practical. Most involve movement and some may include work on the floor. You may also be asked to read from various texts. If you have access requirements and/or require more information on access and facilities in our RADA buildings, please email email@example.com
Are there any funding or payment plans available?
There are no RADA Scholarships available for Short Courses. We cannot offer payment plans, and full payment is required to secure your place on a course.
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
No. A Certificate is not available for this course.
Does the course count towards University credits?
There are no University Credits associated with this course.