RADA Council has legal responsibility for RADA’s risk management, audited accounts, and internal controls rests with the Council of RADA. Council has constituted an Audit Committee and Finance and General Purposes Committee to carry out the necessary tasks on behalf of Council to ensure such responsibilities are fulfilled. As a matter of working practice, the senior leadership of RADA will be responsible on a day-to-day basis for implementing agreed policies and guidelines and reporting to the Council as necessary. Click here to find the Statement of Primary Responsibilities for the Council of RADA.
The Council of RADA was originally incorporated by Royal Charter on 16 July, 1920. Amendments to the Charter of Incorporation were made on 22 December, 1971.
By its Royal Charter, the principal purposes for which RADA is established include:
- to promote and carry on an Academy of Dramatic Art;
- to advance the Art of Drama by means of giving instruction in, and promoting the study, practice and knowledge of dramatic literature and acting;
- to promote and supervise such instruction as may be thought most conducive to the cultivation and dissemination of the Art of the Drama in the United Kingdom;
- to solicit and receive subscriptions and gifts of all kinds for the purposes of the Academy;
- to borrow, or raise, or secure the payment of money in such manner as the Academy shall think fit and, in particular, by mortgaging or charging all or any of the Academy’s property and to purchase, redeem or pay off any such securities;
- to encourage and promote the cultivation of the Drama as an Art throughout the English speaking world; and
- to do all or any of such other things as may be conducive or incidental to any of the objects aforesaid.
You can read RADA's Royal Charter and Rules here.
A description of the role of RADA Trustees is viewable here.
Read the Council meeting summary reports here.
RADA Governance Structure
Click here to download an enlarged version.
Our current list of governors and advisors for RADA can be viewed here.