Academic Board and Governance Structure
Academic Board reports directly in to RADA council and overseas, establishes, monitors and reviews:
- The operation of RADA’s artistic and academic policy and strategies, in particular for its higher education courses.
- Learning and teaching within the Academy and ensure the academic quality of RADA courses, including short courses, as well as assessment procedures and policies.
- RADA’s Admissions Policy
- Quality of the student experience and maintain appropriate student support procedures.
- RADA’s programmes are run in a way that is compliant with the validation agreement, any reports from the validating university and the agreed academic regulations.
- Any major programmes changes at times required by the validating body or instigated by RADA with the permission of the validating body.
- To instigate and give final approval to new courses to be submitted for validation and any to be awarded by RADA.
- To receive and confirm the annual programme monitoring reports to be submitted to the validating body.
- To consider RADA’s approach to research and developing research policy.
- To advise on any matters as RADA’s Principal or Council may refer to the Academic Board.
- To oversee RADA’s work in supporting widening participation.
- To receive and ratify the results of RADA-awarded courses (for example, the Foundation Course in Acting)
- To establish any committees to which the Academic Board may delegate its responsibilities and receive regular reports from these committees.
View the current Academic Board and Governors page here.