Spoken English for Actors: Online
This exciting new course is specifically designed for actors who are non-native speakers of English.
Participants can expect
- Text Analysis (with particular emphasis on nuance, idiom, vernacular and syntax)
- Scene Study
- Voice (including phonetics and pronunciation)
A varied range of plays will be explored to develop a rehearsal technique utilising the methodology of Stanislavski and subsequent practitioners who were influenced by him.
Due to the content of the course, a level of fluency in spoken English is required; and as such is suitable for students considering studying acting in English or professional actors who wish to build their confidence. Although the focus will be on British English, there will be opportunity to examine the fundamental differences between British and American English.
This is a practical course; however, some reading/preparation will be required between classes.
- No Audition/Some selection possible.
- Applicants have to be 18+. However, there is no upper age limit on this course, therefore we encourage applications from everyone over 18.
- RADA tutors lead the classes.
- Prior to the class, you will be contacted with login details, along with any specific text, materials or instructions as required.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Actors for whom English is an additional language, but with a level of fluency in spoken English.
- Those considering the study of acting in English.
- Professional actors who wish to build their confidence.
How to apply
Terms and conditions
Please note: All courses are non-refundable and non-transferable.
All classes begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
Even though we're working through screens, participants should wear loose and comfortable clothing and be prepared to remove their shoes.
In line with academy policy, please note that no recordings of online courses will – or may – be made.