Applying to RADA Connect
Are you applying to one of the following courses?
You might be able to apply for our new programme of support!
Check if you are eligible for RADA Connect, a new programme guiding applicants through their journey into higher education.
Through RADA Connect we aim to support applicants currently underrepresented at RADA, in higher education and in the industry. We also aim to reduce financial barriers to applying; help applicants feel prepared for their interview or audition process; build community and connection and help create a sense of belonging.
RADA Connect is a programme of online and in-person workshops, webinars and support for people currently underrepresented at RADA, in Higher Education and the industry.
Running from October 2023 - May 2024, the programme is a mix of online and in-person support sessions and workshops that you will receive during and after an application to our BA (Hons) in Acting or Foundation Degree in Technical Theatre and Stage Management.
We are not limiting the number of places on RADA Connect for entry in September 2024 for the BA (Hons) in Acting and FdA in Technical Theatre and Stage Management.
Eligible applicants will receive the following:
- Free application to BA (Hons) in Acting and FdA in Technical Theatre and Stage Management.
- Free online and in-person workshops
- Free tickets to RADA productions (where possible)
- Advice, guidance or support from Access and Participation team
RADA Connect is specifically designed to support applicants from people currently underrepresented at RADA and in the industry.
All eligible applicants will be offered a place. We are not limiting the number of places on RADA Connect for entry in September 2024 for the BA (Hons) in Acting and FdA in Technical Theatre and Stage Management.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
Primary criteria (you must meet all primary criteria)
- Be applying to FdA Technical Theatre & Stage Management course for entry in 2024 OR Applying to BA Acting course for entry in 2024
- Have attended a state school and/or college for the entirety of your primary and secondary education
- Be a UK/Home fee student
- Have a combined household income under £45,000
- Have no previous experience of Higher Education/university
You must also meet at least one of the below criteria (secondary criteria):
- Be Black and Global Majority
- Be care experienced
- Have a disability which is declared on your application form
- Have a home postcode which is classified as Quintile 1 or Quintile 2 in the POLAR4 data
- Have a home postcode which is classified as Decile 1-4 in the Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) Government dataset
- Have a combined household income under £25,000 per year
If you have any questions or are unsure about any of the criteria please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to RADA Connect are made through online forms found on our course pages at BA (Hons) in Acting or Foundation Degree in Technical Theatre and Stage Management.
You can apply at any point before applications close, which is:
- 17 January for BA (Hons) in Acting
- 31 January for Foundation Degree in Technical Theatre and Stage Management
We strongly recommend you apply early to get the most out of the programme.
Applying for RADA Connect
- You will be guided through the application form. The way you answer questions will let us know whether you might be eligible for RADA Connect.
- You will have the opportunity to let us know if you would like to be considered for RADA Connect.
- If you have selected I want to apply for RADA Connect you will need to upload some additional information. We will ask for proof of address and proof of household income (e.g. P60, benefit statement). There is a full guide of information needed in the downloadable helpsheet at the bottom of this page.
- You do not have to pay an application fee, or submit your audition tape in your application form.
- Once you have submitted your form the RADA team will review your application. If you are applying to our BA (Hons) in Acting you will not have to pay an application fee or submit your audition tape at this point.
- The team will then be in touch.
How will I know if I have been accepted and what happens next?
Once you have submitted your form our Access and Participation team will be in touch.
If you have questions please contact email@example.com.