In September 2017, Kenneth Branagh’s Olivier Award-winning theatre company joined forces with RADA for a co-production of William Shakespeare's Hamlet.
The production was in aid of the RADA Attenborough Campaign to support the transformation of RADA’s Chenies Street site in London, further developing the Academy as a world-leader in dramatic arts training.
Cast and creatives
- Ayesha Antoine: Rosacrantz / Bernarda
- Lolita Chakrabarti: Queen Gertrude
- Eleanor de Rohan: Guildastern / Marcella / Priest
- Nicholas Farrell: King Claudius
- Sean Foley: Polonius / Osric
- Tom Hiddleston: Hamlet
- Ansu Kabia: King Hamlet / Player King / Gravedigger
- Caroline Martin: Horatia
- Irfan Shamji: Laertes / Player Queen
- Kathryn Wilder: Ophelia
Design by James Cotterill
Lighting design by Paul Pyant
Composed by Rupert Cross
Sound design by Paul Arditti and Christopher Reid
Directed by Kenneth Branagh
The production ran from 1-23 September in RADA's Jerwood Vanbrugh Theatre.
'a terrific production. Sir Kenneth Branagh directs with style... [Tom Hiddleston] makes the role completely his own, emotional, magnetic, canny, often frolicsome... a fine Prince.' (Ann Treneman, The Times)
'has clarity, swiftness and, in the person of Hiddleston, a compelling Hamlet with a genuine nobility of soul.' (Michael Billington, The Guardian)
'perfect and mesmerising' (West End Wilma)