Access to Acting
Our Access to Acting programme provides inclusive integrated workshops for young people with physical and sensory impairments.
Our workshops are in partnerships with venues across the UK and encourage participation in the arts.
Are you interested in performing? Do you want to know more about drama school?
These fun taster workshops for 16-25 year olds are designed to give you an introduction into acting.
This is an opportunity for young people with physical and sensory impairments to participate in a practical inclusive drama workshop. Led by RADA teachers, you will find out what it’s like to train as an actor through exploring play texts, voice or movement, and warm-up exercises.
The workshops are also open to non-disabled participants who are from low-income households and/or identify as Black Asian minority ethnic.
You will get the opportunity to:
- Learn new practical skills
- Play some games
- Ask questions about life at drama school and what you will learn there
- Understand the audition process
- Find out about opportunities to get involved in the arts in your local area
Upcoming dates and venues:
Our 2019 programme of Access to Acting workshops has now finished. Dates for 2020 will be published here in due course; please check back for more details.
- Saturday 30 March, Bristol Old Vic
- Thursday 11 April, Birds of Paradise/Scottish Youth Theatre
- Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 April, RADA (London)
- Saturday 27 April, Leeds Playhouse
- Saturday 25 May, Northern Stage (Newcastle)
- Friday 31 May, Birmingham Rep