Youth Company: Theatre Production
Ever wondered what the backstage team do on a show? Are you interested in music and sound production, organising events or making art and design?
Come and join our training course that gives young people aged 16-24 the opportunity to explore theatre production, management and design from concept to stage.
Regardless of your experience or background we want people who are passionate, curious and keen to learn. Come and see how your creative or organisational skills can be used to make a theatre show.
Working together with the Youth Company: Acting, you will try out designs, make props and costume, and produce a show in RADA's Jerwood Vanbrugh Theatre.
The types of things you will learn:
- Sound design and operation
- Lighting design and operation
- Stage management, including cueing and scene changes
- Production and events management
- Costume and make-up
- Props making
- Scenic art
- Video design
- Set design and costume
- Deputy stage management (DSM)
Term dates and how to apply h2>
- Saturday 4 May - Saturday 20 July (every Saturday)
- Production weeks Monday 22 July - Friday 2 August 2019 (every day during the school summer holidays)
- Performance dates Friday 2 August at 7pm and Saturday 3 August at 2pm and 7pm.
We offer a free place to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Family income of £30,000 or less
- Black, Asian or minority ethnic
- Physical and/or sensory impairments
The fee for the Youth Company: Theatre Production is £90. This fee can be paid in one instalment or on a weekly basis.
Complete an online application form by Wednesday 10 April.