Talking Books: Online
An audiobook is storytelling in its purest form, where everything is done by a single voice. It is a genuinely liberating experience for a versatile performer.
RADA Tutor Tamsin Collison is a distinguished audiobook director and producer, who has worked with actors including Juliet Stevenson, Thandie Newton, David Tennant, Billie Piper and Hugh Grant. She is currently directing Sir Kenneth Branagh and Lolita Chakrabarti in the Cambridge University Press edition of All the Sonnets of Shakespeare.
In Talking Books, she will share with you the techniques for bringing the printed page to life.
- No audition/some selection possible.
- Applicants have to be 16+. However, there is no upper age limit on this course, therefore we encourage applications from everyone over 16.
Who is this course suitable for?
- No need for prior experience.
- Those looking to explore the techniques of audible books.
- Relevant for those wishing to improve audition/interview skills or who work in 'speaking professions.
How to book
You may also be interested in
Why not enjoy another short course that focuses on the mind and body, which can be booked alongside this one?
- Easy Stages: Online - Monday 8 to Friday 12 November (7-8.30pm)
- The Active Voice: Online - Monday 1 to Friday 5 November (7-8.30pm)
- Creativity in Motion: Online - Monday 1 to Friday 5 November (7-8.30pm)
- Shapeshifting: Online - Monday 1 to Friday 5 November OR Monday 8 to Friday 12 November (7-8.30pm)
- Love, Passion and Intimacy: Online - Monday 8 to Friday 12 November (7-8.30pm)
- Shakespeare's Soothing Sonnets: Online - Monday 8 to Friday 12 November (7-8.30pm)
- The Power of Poetry: Online - Monday 1 to Friday 5 November (7-8.30pm)
Terms and conditions
Please note: All courses are non-refundable and non-transferable.
All classes begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
Even though we're working through screens, participants should wear loose and comfortable clothing and be prepared to remove their shoes.
In line with academy policy, please note that no recordings of online courses will – or may – be made.