Rehearsing with RADA: Online
Designed for both actors and directors, this course is an opportunity to extend your experience of rehearsal and strengthen your technique. You will work closely with members of the RADA faculty, and - through classes, tutorials, and professional rehearsal - experience first-hand the methods and practice that sustain RADA’s world-renowned teaching.
This course can cater for a wide range of abilities and experience, and participants will work in companies of up to 12.
There will be classes in:
- Physical performance
- Line Learning Skills
- Breaking Down a Script
- Microphone Technique
- Rehearsing Restoration Drama
- Movement and Voice Tutorials
In the second week, there will be detailed rehearsal and performance of an online version of a contemporary play, directed by RADA 1st year Acting Tutor, Melanie Jessop.
- No audition/some selection possible.
- Applicants have to be 16+. However, there is no upper age limit on this course. Applications by students aged 16 or 17 may need additional references and will be given special consideration by the Course Director.
- Please remember that, although there is no upper age limit, this is a physically demanding course. While any specific needs will be taken fully into account, participants must be reasonably fit.
- Fluent, confident knowledge of the English language is essential.
Even though we're working through screens, this course is not a casual undertaking and classes are not optional; students are expected to treat these as professional rehearsal calls.
Total commitment to punctuality, discipline and preparation will be required from every student.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Those who feel fairly confident in performing.
- Anyone interested in a taste of RADA's BA (Hons) Acting course.
- Relevant for those wishing to improve audition/interview skills or who work in 'speaking professions'.
In week one, participants will join three 90-minute classes each day, with a 15-minute break in between.
Week two will consist of rehearsals for a specially adapted online production of a contemporary play. There will also be individual movement and voice tutorials.
How to apply
Terms and conditions
Please note: All courses are non-refundable and non-transferable. All classes begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
Participants should wear loose and comfortable clothing and be prepared to remove their shoes.
In line with academy policy, please note that no recordings of online courses will – or may – be made.