Advanced Acting Fundamentals
Advanced Acting Fundamentals provides a semi-intensive training in acting skills over six weeks for those who have studied acting previously but not as intensely as they had wished.
Taught by RADA's experienced drama tutors in a blend of both online and in-person classes, you will explore a range of subjects including acting techniques, acting for camera, voice, movement, singing and dancing for actors, text analysis and rehearsal practice. The course may be a natural progression for students who have completed our Acting Fundamentals or Fundamentals of Acting courses and want to develop a more robust rehearsal and preparation ethos, and is particularly suited to those who are thinking about going to drama school.
The course will give you a taste of what to expect from a conservatoire drama school training and prepare you for further actor training. If you’re thinking of a career in acting, but for whatever reason you're not quite ready for drama school – or if you want to explore acting but you’re not yet sure if you want to make the commitment to do a BA or one-year Foundation Course – this course will give you a solid grounding, develop your acting skills and expand your experience.
Classes are taught online on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (6.30pm - 9.30pm) and in-person at RADA on Saturdays (10am - 5pm). They are structured to make the most of the opportunity for participants to be in their own environment for certain activities, whilst also being able to work collaboratively in the rehearsal room.
Part of our Acting Essentials series of courses.
Want to get to grips with the essentials? Try Acting Fundamentals first.
Sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear about new Short Courses, stories from our participants and upcoming RADA events.
- Selection by application.
- Applicants have to be 18+. There is no upper age limit on this course.
- We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our training where possible. Many of our courses are highly practical. Most involve movement and some may include work on the floor. You may also be asked to read from various texts. If you have access requirements and/or require more information on access and facilities in our RADA buildings, please email email@example.com.
- Fluent, confident knowledge of the English language is essential.
- Some acting experience is required.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Those who feel fairly confident in performing
- Anyone interested in building on their acting skills to a more advanced level
- Anyone considering applying for drama school
Please note there are no RADA scholarships available for Short Courses.
How to apply
Complete an application form here.
Prior to the class, you will be contacted with login details, along with any specific text, materials or instructions as required.
Places for this course are limited to 14; to avoid disappointment please book early.
Please note: all courses are non-refundable and non-transferable. Due to the structure of the course, full attendance is required for both online and on-site classes. All classes begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
Frequently asked questions
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes. A Certificate of Completion is available for this course, providing attendance has been fulfilled, and the student has adhered to Rules and Regulations of the Academy (see below).
Does the course count towards university credits?
There are no University Credits associated with this course.