How you can support our training
Buddy scheme h3>
The Buddy scheme is a programme which pairs graduate mentors with students during their final year of training, providing connections between different generations of graduates.
The support given and professional expertise shared with students often proves invaluable during the transition from graduating student to freelance professional.
The principles for the Buddy scheme are:
- To pair students with two RADA Buddies (maximum) who are at different points in their careers and who have been actively employed in the industry during the past two years
- To ensure that we find Buddies who are able to commit to the mentoring relationship and have the capacity and time to meet and correspond with their RADA student, as well as attend performances
- To provide information and support for Buddies in mentoring their student.
Graduates who have been in the profession for a minimum of two years are invited to participate and we are particularly eager to have the support of our technical graduates as RADA Buddies.
Professional development for current students h3>
As the only drama school founded by the industry, RADA strives to be an Academy of collaboration between students and established practitioners. Through a wide-ranging programme of masterclasses, creative projects, practical workshops, placements and site visits, students have the opportunity to explore specialist skills and broaden their professional network.
Alongside industry guests, RADA graduates are invited to lead dedicated sessions to stimulate, provoke and broaden students understanding of the profession.
Over the past year, our graduates have helped us to deliver:
Technical masterclasses with specialists, designers, composers and artists including
- Gary Yershon
- MAC Cosmetics
- Mehmet Ergin
- Nina Dunn
- ROBE Lighting
Workshops with writers, actors, producers and directors:
- Bonnie Greer
- Chipo Chung
- Fiona Shaw
- Gemma Arterton
- Joshua McGuire
- Kenneth Branagh
- Michael Attenborough
- Nathaniel Martello White
- Wunmi Mosaku
Technical placements with organisations such as:
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre
- Hampstead Theatre
- Channel 4
- National Theatre
- Royal Court Theatre
- Royal Opera House
- Sydney Theatre Company, Australia
- Young Vic Theatre
- Managing your tax
- Union and Equity membership
- Managing your media profile