Postgraduate Diploma in Theatre Costume
1. I am under 18, can I apply to RADA?
Candidates must be at least 18 when the Postgraduate Diploma in Theatre Costume begins. Please see question 3 for information on the qualifications required for the programme. We do offer opportunities for young people under 18, you can find more information here.
2. Is there an upper age limit to apply to RADA?
There is no upper age limit and all eligible candidates will be invited for interview.
3. What qualifications do I need?
This is a vocational course and candidates must be able to demonstrate Applied Prior Learning (APL). Please see the entry requirements page.
4. Does RADA hold open days for Postgraduate Diploma in Theatre Costume programme?
5. Do I apply through UCAS?
RADA does not use the UCAS service for applications and we have an independent admissions process. You can download our application form from our website.
7. Does RADA hold interviews outside of London?
No, we only interview at RADA for this programme.
8. What are the interview requirements?
You will be invited to interview, if you hold the relevant prior qualifications or experience. You should come prepared to talk enthusiastically about your passions and your theatre experience. If you have a portfolio of work, please bring that with you.
9. After I’ve sent in my application, how long will it take to hear back from you?
10. If I do not attend my interview will my application fee be refunded?
The application fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
11. What if I am ill on the day of my interview?
12. Can I defer entry?
No. You should apply for a place in the year before the September you wish to begin your training.
13. How do I pay for the tuition fees?
This programme does not qualify for any government funding – this includes the postgraduate loans through the Student Loans Company. Students gaining a place on this course will need to pay the fee themselves.
14. Do I have to pay the UK/EU level tuition fees, or the international rate?
You should have lived in the UK/EU for three consecutive years prior to starting the course in order to qualify for UK/EU level tuition fees.
If, for example, you were born in the UK but then moved to Australia for twenty years, you would be liable to pay the international rate.
15. Is there any accommodation/housing provided?
RADA does not cuurently have its own student housing. We include advice on finding accommodation in the information pack we send students offered a place on our full-time courses
View a full copy of our current PROSPECTUS