APPLICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the application form and include a detailed CV/résumé of your acting experience and a written reference from a reputable director or drama teacher with whom you have worked recently.
You will need to include a non-refundable registration fee with your application. After submitting your application form, admission is by audition in New York, LA or London.
Please complete an application form and return to:
RADA, 62-64 Gower Street,
London, WC1E 6ED
CANCELLATIONS & INSURANCE
The application form contains full details of our cancellation policy. It is strongly recommended that all students insure themselves to cover the loss of fees in the event of illness, for which the Academy cannot accept any liability.
You can audition in two ways, either in person or digitally.
New York / LA
Application deadline: 1 February 2018
New York Audition dates: 5 – 9 March 2018
LA Audition dates: 12 - 14 March 2018
Application deadline: 1 March 2018
Audition date: February / March 2018
Application deadline: 10 March 2018
WHAT TO PREPARE
For the audition you should prepare two pieces, one from Shakespeare and one from a modern play, neither of which should exceed three minutes in length.
Applicants will be informed whether or not they have been accepted. In some instances a waiting list place may be offered.
A list of accommodation will be sent to you once you have been offered a place on the course.
- All students must undertake to conform to the General Rules and Regulations of the Academy. The Academy’s Director or Course Director shall, at their absolute discretion, have the right to terminate the course in respect of any student whose presence or conduct is in contravention of the same.
- Friends or other persons who are not officially enrolled are not permitted to sit in on classes, rehearsals or presentations.
- Students must understand, conform and adhere to the Academy’s Health and Safety Procedures and Policies.
- All students are expected to wear the correct and appropriate clothing for each class.
- Students are expected to maintain a professional standard of dress and hygiene at all times.
- Fees are non-returnable once a student has started a course.
- Photography or recording of any kind is strictly prohibited in the classroom areas without permission from the Academy’s staff.
- RADA does not discriminate against applicants on the grounds of sex, disability, ethnicity or sexuality. We welcome applicants from disabled people and offer places solely on the basis of potential and suitability for the course. The school is mainly housed in a newly-refurbished building which provides good access for wheelchair users.
- Decisions made by the Academy regarding the selection of instructors, the allocation of students to study groups, the material for that study group and any roles allocated are final and not open to negotiation.
- It is strongly recommended that students insure themselves to cover any medical or transport costs and loss of fees in the event of illness or accident for which the Academy cannot accept any liability.
- If, for reason of epidemic or national crisis, the Academy is compelled to close during the course, no fees can be returned or compensation be made for any period of tuition that may have been lost through the Academy’s inability to carry on its work.
- It is important to note that the Academy does not accept responsibility for students beyond the scheduled teaching hours on the RADA premises. These are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm. Parents are therefore advised to ensure that adequate supervision of activities undertaken in the evening and at weekends is provided, as appropriate, during the duration of the course.