MA Theatre Lab
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FORM
Applications for entry in 2018 are now closed. Applications for entry in 2019 will open in October.
If English is not your first language please submit your IELTs certificate with your application form.
The application form will ask for your CV. This should demonstrate your degree level qualifications, appropriate professional or work experience, evidence an established interest in theatre and acting/performance, and establish your credentials as someone who has the ability to take unusual and creative initiatives.
It will also ask you for an 800-word statement of support. This should demonstrate a deep understanding and commitment to a future in the theatre. It should also demonstrate a thoughtful consideration of the role of the actor and your understanding of yourself as an actor and performer. It should also give some attention to your present sense of your future pathway.
If you are selected for audition, we will invite you to RADA in May for a workshop-based session and an interview.
Please note: You are welcome to apply for both the MA Theatre Lab and MA in Text and Performance course but you must must apply for each course individually and pay each fee separately.
If you are invited to audition this will comprise:
- a written test
- a practical workshop (three hours)
- an interview, following your audition, usually on the same day
you may be invited to a recall audition.
You will need to prepare a speech of no more than 20 lines from Shakespeare or an Elizabethan / Jacobean playwright and a short contrasting speech of no more than 20 lines from a modern play in English. These should be learnt fluently by heart.
You will be assessed in the following categories:
- initial impression/presentation of yourself
- understanding of the actor’s contribution to ensemble and performance
- how you approach work on a scene with fellow actors
- an idea of the part that theatre plays in society both historically and today
- previous experience
- ability to discuss and focus on questions
- level of maturity shown
- ability to learn from and contribute to the course
- creative potential
- a passion for drama
- Audition guidance will be sent to you if you are invited to audition
- You may be called for an audition at short notice
- We do not provide feedback to audition candidates
- The decision of the audition panel is final
- You may apply only once per academic year
If you would like to know more about RADA’s Admissions Policy for higher education courses, please download and read our Admissions policy document.
Admissions Appeals and Complaints
For information about RADA’s Admissions, Appeals and Complaints for higher education courses, please download and read our Admissions Appeals and Complaints document. Please note that this process covers the following courses only:
BA (Hons) in Acting
FdA Technical Theatre and Stage Management
BA (Hons) Technical Theatre and Stage Management (completion)
PgD Theatre Costume
MA Theatre Lab
Foundation Course in Acting
Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions
View a full copy of our current PROSPECTUS