Throughout this four term course students will be encouraged to keep a visual diary, develop a portfolio and build professional connections. In the final term at RADA students' project work will be exhibited in RADA’s GBS Theatre in the ‘Technical Tree’ giving them the opportunity to talk about their work with an invited group of industry contacts.
THE TRAINING INCLUDES:
- Role of scenic artist on RADA productions
- Scenic interpretation and sampling
- Life drawing
- Spray techniques
- Scenic drawing
- Trompe l'oeil
- Perspective drawing
- Principles of geometry
- Scenic carving using polystyrene
- Cloth work including architectural and portrait
- Up to six weeks’ professional attachment with a company or practitioner, as well as strong links with the Royal Opera House and the National Theatre scenic workshops.
This course leads to the award of a postgraduate diploma in Scenic Art.
TECHNICAL CAREERS DAYS
If you are interested in finding out about training for a career in technical theatre, you might like to join us for a Technical Careers Day. You’ll have the chance to:
- tour our three theatres
- meet our technical students and staff
- visit all our technical departments
- ask about all aspects of higher education including funding and student support.
- your name
- a contact telephone number
View a full copy of our current PROSPECTUS.