Throughout this four term course students will be encouraged to keep a visual diary, develop a portfolio and build professional connections. In the final term at RADA students' project work will be exhibited in RADA’s GBS Theatre in the ‘Technical Tree’ giving them the opportunity to talk about their work with an invited group of industry contacts.
THE TRAINING INCLUDES:
- Role of scenic artist on RADA productions
- Scenic interpretation and sampling
- Life drawing
- Spray techniques
- Scenic drawing
- Trompe l'oeil
- Perspective drawing
- Principles of geometry
- Scenic carving using polystyrene
- Cloth work including architectural and portrait
- Up to six weeks’ professional attachment with a company or practitioner, as well as strong links with the Royal Opera House and the National Theatre scenic workshops.
This course leads to the award of a postgraduate diploma in Scenic Art.
View a full copy of our current PROSPECTUS.